The purpose of this episode is to talk about purpose! Our guest May McCarthy discusses the value of aligning our day-to-day decisions towards some greater purpose. May walks us through a discovery process used by sales people and business owners alike. The purpose of sales is unique for each of us. In this episode let’s reveal what you want, how to achieve it and lastly how does your company help or hinder your success.
Lack of Purpose
Companies know what they do, but not why. Even if they do, large organizations fail to share it up and down the organization. A purposeless organization will experience:
- lack of innovation
- disengaged employees
- listless shareholders
- fickle customers
- lower profits
A clear shared purpose can address these concerns and provide you your unique purpose of sales.
Personal Purpose, Company Purpose
Ask three questions to reveal the purpose of sales in your life:
- What did you do when young that you truly loved?
- Ask people who you know and respect, “What do you think I’m really good at?”
- Ask yourself, “What do you think you’re really good at?”
Companies can ask the same three questions. Now factor out the commonalities between the companies purpose and your personal purpose. When there is alignment, true productivity abounds!
How To Find May McCarthy
You can find May at www.maymccarthy.com
She has a new book! It’s being published this March 2018 titled The Path to Wealth: Seven Spiritual Steps for Financial Abundance https://bizzultz.com/book
Check out the back catalog and listen to terrific episodes on the right selling mindset today!
- Time To Sell Mindset with Chris Spurvey #202
- Three Step Process to Narrow Your Sales Focus #201
- Why Commissioned-Based Sales Plans Fail to Work with Justin Clark
- How To Learn The Secret Lingo of Your Customer with Jeffrey Shaw #192
- Phiology: Secret Code of Leadership David Eisley #189
- Sales Success Triangle of Attitude Behavior Technique with Glenn Mattson #187
- How to Pitch Shark Tank with Michelle Weinstein #184
- How to be a Sales Sherpa with the Hyperconnected David Fisher
- The Art of the Help with Larry Levine #182
- How To Sell The World with Karl Weaver #177