In this episode we start by discussing the confusion of social selling. The root issue is not so much how to twiddle the knobs and bells of LinkedIn Facebook and Twitter. The true issue is the failure of sales professionals understanding WHY they have chosen the profession of sales Then secondly we talk about the Art of the Help for success. Larry Levine is a social selling expert, podcast host and long time B2B sales expert.
Self Awareness in Sales
Most sellers don’t reflect on their lives, what motivates them and why they do what they do. They aren’t self aware. During the discussion Larry and I chat ….
- Why are you in sales?
- Larry believes there is a ton of confusion with social selling
- It’s the Art of the Help he shares….. giving back to the community and your clients
- Sellers must brand themselves Larry recommends. This will differentiate you.
- Larry reminds us that “Selling is 24×7 job”
Why Sales is a Great Profession
- Get to run your own business
- Good money
- Can have a positive impact on your company
- Can influence your customers
Social Selling is NOT New
Not a new thing, back in the day it was all analog but still the same thing. Connecting with people and relationship building. Just like we used to do with handshakes and phone calls. You do the same thing on social media. It’s the art of the help, not the deal.
Take Action Today
If you want to have any success opening up new conversations you need to learn how to build a brand. Your personal brand differentiates you. You are broadcasted across the internet, manage that story.
Complete the Selling Survey
How To Find Larry Levine
Other Links Mentioned
- Johnny and Friends
- Dale Carnegie How To Win Friends and Influence People
- Brett Adamson the Challenger Sale
Support our Sponsor Bluehost
Sales babble is brought to you by Bluehost. Take your idea and start your business online. Sales Babblers can start for only $3.95/month
- FREE Domain
- Free Site Builders
- 1-Click WordPress Install
- 24×7 support
Special intro offer and 30-day money-back guarantee
Powering over 2 million websites worldwide
Here are other past episodes that cover the topic of mindset. Listen today!
- Selling from the H.A.R.T. with Mega Cindy Vranken #143
- When Buyers Say No with Tom Hopkins
- How to Assume Rapport when Prospecting with Ken Dunn #90
- Stop Selling Start Leading with Deb Calvert #84
- The Myth of Know Like Trust #74
- Give to Get Marketing with Ray Wood #159
- 5 SuperPowers of Successful Sales Account Executives with David Kahn #156
- How To Generate Leads with Relationship Selling with Michael Ross
- How Curiosity is the Engine of Sales Achievement with Tony Jalan
- Why Can’t I Get a Degree in Sales with Professor Shawn Green #80