In this episode we meet Mike Slowik, 34 year veteran of selling hardware software and all things IT But Mike tells us that he doesn’t actually sell IT. He sells change. We talk about the enterprise sale and the complexity of working a prospect who brings a large team for the evaluation.
Mistakes sellers make: Not communicating, not talking in a style prospects respect. It’s a must if you want to learn how to sell hardware software and IT.
The Danger of the Unsolicited RFP
It’s difficult to win an RFP, especially one that is requested out of the blue. Most likely your competition wrote the majority of the evaluation. Get a meeting before applying for an unsolicited RFP to see if it’s worth the trouble. Moral of the story – GET THE MEETING.
FUD (Fear Uncertainty and Doubt)
FUDing is a process sellers use to motivate prospects to look at competition skeptically.
Get the prospect to dig deep into the competition by creating fear, uncertainty and doubts in their mind. Have the prospect take the initiative and see if the competition is all they promise. At the same time assume YOUR competition is doing the same to you. Have an answer to set the facts straign about your company.
Treat Everyone Like the Boss
It only takes on person on the buying team to deep six a deal. Beware of groupthink! Listen deeply to everyone’s insight. Don’t judge the team, dynamics quickly. It may not be at ALL what you think it it.
How To Connect With Mike Slowik
Maybe you would like to learn more on how to sell hardware software and IT. Connect here…
- LinkedIn for Mike Slowik
We mentioned the Aurora University Sales Institute
- Link to the Aurora University Sales Institute
- Interview with Dr. Shawn Greene. where we talked about why schools fail to offer a Bachelors degree in “Sales”
Sales babble is brought to you by Bluehost. Take your idea and start your business online. Sales Babblers can start for only $3.95/month
- FREE Domain
- Free Site Builders
- 1-Click WordPress Install
- 24×7 support
Special intro offer and 30-day money-back guarantee
Powering over 2 million websites worldwide
Consultative Technology Selling
This is just one of a number of past episodes that discusses the enterprise and sale and the need for using a consultative process. Listen today!
- How To Generate Leads with Relationship Selling with Michael Ross
- Four Skills You Need For Sales Success – HEAT
- The Perfect Close with James Muir #132
- How to Sell to the Obvious with Stephen Schiffman
- Educate While You Negotiate with Jeanette Nyden #85
- The Ultimate Sales Revolution with Steve Lishansky #77
- Conversations That Sell an Interview With Nancy Bleeke #68
- The Smooth Sale Pricing Process with Elinor Stutz #60
- What is Consultative Selling with John Corley #59
- How to Win Complex Sales in Technology – an Interview With Brad Walker