Sales Success Triangle with Glenn Mattson #187
In this episode we describe the sales success triangle. It’s based on Attitude, Behavior and Technique. Our guest Glenn Mattson is a business consultant and sales coach. Glenn speaks from experience on the issues sellers commonly face and things they can do to find selling success.
Gabby people aren’t necessarily the best sellers. Yes they are good at connecting and initiating conversation. But sometimes they are too bound to seek for approval. They struggle with the follow up and closing aspects of sales.
Introverts and techy people, can be extremely successful in sales because they are process oriented, they follow a system nor do they wing it. More introverted sellers don’t care if people like them, they handle rejection better.
Issues top sellers face
We discussed at length the problems, concerns and barriers to success. Glenn mentioned:
- Lack of Patience
- Risk Adverse
- Poor Discipline
- Poor Planning
- Poor Listening
- Weak Questioning
- Reduce cost of sale
The question is this, how to maximize your time and energy for more business?
Sales Success Triangle
According to Glenn it’s Attitude ,Behavior, and Technique. Attitude is most important: For example you earn exactly what you think your worth. You call the people you think you’re equal to. He recommends that you increase your average deal by 10% every 60 days. Next deal with your limiting commitment. Some people say all the right stuff but don’t do it. They have an ocean of excuses.
Take Action Advice
Two pieces of advice:
- Live in a world of execution
- Don’t fear failure. The more you fail, the more you learn and the more you earn
How to Connect
You can find him here www.mattson.sandler.com
or call 631 726-3537
Support our Sponsor Bluehost
Sales babble is brought to you by Bluehost. Take your idea and start your business online. Sales Babblers can start for only $3.95/month
- FREE Domain
- Free Site Builders
- 1-Click WordPress Install
- 24×7 support
Special intro offer and 30-day money-back guarantee
Powering over 2 million websites worldwide
Sales Skills Training
Below are other past episodes that discuss ways to hone your craft of sales. Listen today!
- How Salespeople Overcome Procrastination with Eric Twiggs #178
- How To Sell The World with Karl Weaver #177
- Selling In A Skirt with Judy Hoberman #170
- Memory Hacks for Sales Professionals with Brad Zupp #169
- How To Write A Successful Sales Plan with Jamie Irvine #168
- How Sales Can Help Buyers Help Themselves – Hugh Liddle #164
- 5 SuperPowers of Successful Sales Account Executives with David Kahn #156
- Persuasion and the Art of Influence with the Sexy Boss Heather Ann Havenwood #141
- Four Skills You Need For Sales Success – HEAT
- The Only Sales Guide You Will Ever Need Anthony Iannarino #130