In this episode I and Brand expert,Kim Speed dig deep into the question why do I need a brand. Everyone says having a brand is critical for success. But is it? What is the fundamental value a BRAND provides you and your company? How does a brand make it easier for me to acquire new customers and prospects?
Brand vs Branding
According to Kim, your brand is who you are and what people say about you when you’re not in the room. Branding is all the elements that supports your brand: website, ads, emails, logos etc… Let’s focus on the former, before the latter.
Sales and Branding
Your brand is useful for your sales process. When done well it open doors and creates trust. But it’s not an easy path to understand your brand. It’s built on knowing and viscerally understanding your ideal client. This requires companies to go through a value proposition process. Instead of focusing on logos and fonts, focus on who is PERFECT for you product or service.
Who Is Kim Speed
Kim is the owner of Purple Moon Creative, Brand and Marketing Boutique where she helps start-up companies and small business owners to become visible to their prospects, and to turn those prospects into clients.
Support our Sponsor Bluehost
Sales babble is brought to you by Bluehost. Take your idea and start your business online. Sales Babblers can start for only $3.95/month
- FREE Domain
- Free Site Builders
- 1-Click WordPress Install
- 24×7 support
Special intro offer and 30-day money-back guarantee
Powering over 2 million websites worldwide
Discovering Your Ideal Client
Here are a number of past episodes discussing the importance and process of discovering your perfect customer. Listen today!
- Why Qualifying Prospects is Like Selling To Zebras with Jeff Koser #171
- How Value Propositions Bring Value to Your Business #167
- Wizard of Oz Sales Process with Steve Kloyda #137
- How to Sell Big Clients and Win Tremendous Deals with Melinda Chen #114
- How to Create Value During a Sale with George Iacullo #91
- The Myth of Know Like Trust #74
- How To Build Your Value Proposition with Lisa Dennis #48
- Discovering Your Ideal Client Avatar #40
- SB013 | Winning Customers by Building Profits, an interview with Bob Rickert