In this episode we interview the author of the book Profit Heroes by Bob Rickert. In his book Bob tells a fascinating tale of two sales rep who both vie for the same deal. In the both cases the two characters in the book are true sales professionals. But like in any competition there are winners and losers. Bob will explain the context and insight to explain why the deal went in the direction it did. And sum it up in with one word, it’s PROFIT.
Bob Rickert is an expert sales coach on breakthrough strategies for winning customers and building profits.
Right-click here to download the MP3
In This Episode
In this podcast we talk about how you need to view a customers business from their perspective :
- How to quickly understand a prospective client via social media
- If you understand a company’s financials, you can uncover their needs
- The need to find out the decision making process
- Honoring the competition
- Connect their issues to your companies products and services
- Companies are continuing to minimize costs to drive profit
- Product differentiation is not enough, you must show how it impact their business
- The best way to influence the buying decision is to have positive impact on profit
- Customers love to talk about their business
Items of Interest
This episode mentioned the following resources:
- The book is titled “Profit Heroes: Breakthrough Strategies for Winning Customers and Building Profits”
- Bob’s blog can be found at PCS Strategies, Inc.
- Investopedia is a resource to understand income statements and balance sheets
Consider one of the leads you are working now and answer the following questions:
- My prospective customer makes/provides __________________ for their customers such as _________________
- My prospective customer is profitable………
- The greatest struggle my prospective customer has………
- My prospective customers would be highly successful if ………..
- My company can provide ________________ that would increase my prospective customer’s profit
Click here to subscribe to SalesBabble.com
What do you think?
Would you like to win a copy of Profit Heroes by Bob Rickert? If so email me at pathelmers @ salesbabble.com by June 23rd 2014, I’ll place you name in a raffle and I will announce on Tuesday June 24th. This is a great book and that any small business professional or seller will find of value. It’s practical, pragmatic and fun to read. No kidding.
You can also enter by clicking here
Did you enjoy this episode? If you’re on this page I’m assuming yes!
I want to make sure I get as many people introduced to this great content as I can. So I would really appreciate it if you could help me with a review on iTunes. It takes just a few minutes and it would really mean a lot to me.
Click here for directions to provide a review in iTunes.