Michelle Weinstein is a sales strategist who specializes in helping entrepreneurs learn how to sell without selling and without being sleazy. She pitched on Shark Tank and raised over $1M for her last Company placing products into Costco & The Vitamin Shoppe. In this episode she shares the story and the fundamental elements of a strong pitch.
Elements of a Pitch
On the TV show Shark Tank. Michelle was pitching a protein bar business and after a multi-step vetting process she was able to pitch before the “Sharks” only to be shot down. Due to significant coaching for the show, she learned you must your authentic self. If you’re a fake, people won’t trust.
- One minute to make an impression.
- 10-20 seconds you will be judged
- Practice your elevator pitch over and over and over
- Make it memorable
- Make it catchy
- Make it niche enough then be more niche
- Know your audience
Take Action Advice
Go take action, too often people don’t take action. Fear is in their way e.g. afraid they don’t know what’s going to happen, afraid of rejection, afraid of failure. She believes you do the market a disservice if you don’t’ reach out and offer your products and services.
Pat’s Pitch Template
How to Find Michelle Weinstein
As she shared on the podcast, she is the Pitch Queen.
Support our Sponsor Bluehost
Sales babble is brought to you by Bluehost. Take your idea and start your business online. Sales Babblers can start for only $3.95/month
- FREE Domain
- Free Site Builders
- 1-Click WordPress Install
- 24×7 support
Special intro offer and 30-day money-back guarantee
Powering over 2 million websites worldwide
Here are past episodes for the startup and entrepreneurial minded. Listen today!
- How to be a Sales Sherpa with the Hyperconnected David Fisher
- Startup Story Where Software Goes to Seed with Charlie Wiltgen #179
- Sales Cycling and Startups with Jon Woodroof #145
- Selling from the H.A.R.T. with Mega Cindy Vranken #143
- Lose Your Ego Gain The World with Todd Lemense #139
- Location Independent Business Essentials with Dan O’Donnell #138
- What Startups Need to Know about Business Development with Tim Allen #119
- 5 Habits of Successful Sales People with Kingsley Grant #117
- How to Deal With Racism in Sales with Duane Draughon #115
- All Entrepreneurs are in Sales with Derin Alemli #110