In this episode we meet Alen Mayer, aka Chief Sales Introvert, an author, sales coach, sales consultant and mentor who disagrees with the idea that some people are just born to sales. Alen believes that anyone can be an amazing sales professional, even introverts, but only if they stay true to themselves.
In this episode Alen and I have a lively discussion about the unique skills that introverts bring to sales. If you are an introverts and think there are limits to what you can do, or if you are an extrovert and think that all prospective clients like cheerful chatty handshaking, both sets of people will learn a thing or two today.
It was interesting that at least a 1/3 or more of the population is introverts, and a large portion of the CEOs are too!
Sales People Aren’t Born, They are Made
- Anyone can be an amazing sales man, if they stay true to themselves
- Sales is not just for people “Born To Sales”
- Doesn’t like chit chat
- Plans for every meeting, does homework on prospects
- When working a conference or networking he prepares to meet a few people
- Needs time to recharge
- Questionnaire on his website …. which kinds of sales person are you?
- 33-50% of US introverts. Sales teams need introverts.
- Need to adjust to your client
- NLP can use used for influence, manipulating people to trick answers out of people. But …. great sales is win-win.
- If you have passion about your business… you must show it!
- Introverts will not sell stuff if they don’t believe in it.
Name on Social Media
Alen Mayer Biography
Download Cold-Calling-for-Introverts It gives clues how intorverts can use the strengths you have, even over the phone.
Sales Training, Sales Coaching, Sales Consulting
Become confident in sales and grow your business. Check out the Selling With Confidence Sales System for both new and experienced sellers. This is an opportunity for you to
- Be Yourself
- Add Value
- Make Sales
Don’t be shy. You too can start Selling With Confidence today!