Master the Art of Closing the Sale
A Game Changing 10 Step Sales Process for Getting More Clients and Referrals
In this episode we discuss the importance of having a repeatable sales process. Our guest Ben Brown has just published a book titled “Master the Art of Closing the Sale – The Game-Changing 10-Step Sales Process for Getting More Clients and Referrals”. In our conversation we walk through each of these steps with Ben sharing concrete advice on how you can apply this process to your business.
Front Loading the Sales Process
Ben’s 10 steps consists of a front loading sales process which makes the entire sale more efficient. The sooner you can qualify and discover what your prospect values, the sooner you can discern if you should pitch them, or give them a pitch.
10 Step Sales Process
When closing a sale Ben shared the following process. We walked through it step by step with examples.
- Get Prepared – be mentally prepared when you start your day.
- Research and Relate – do your homework and know your prospects.
- Qualify Potential Customers – don’t waste time with people who will never buy.
- Find an Emotional Trigger to Persuade – people are more likely motivated by emotion vs logic.
- Setup the Offer – repeat back the issues and desires to reinforce need.
- Present the Offer – build rapport buying signals and build yes patterns. The presentation could be 5 minutes or 30 minutes. It depends. Give them what the need, not what you want to present.
- Close on Product Concept – does this solve the problem does it sound like the way you want to go?
- Ask For the Sale- “are you ready to move forward?”
- Ask For the Money – ” what credit card do you want to put this on.”
- Ask for Referrals
How To Find Ben Brown
What are the Sales Process Steps
Here are past episodes that discuss integrating process into your sales. Click on one now!
- Sales Cycling and Startups with Jon Woodroof #145
- Wizard of Oz Sales Process with Steve Kloyda #137
- 4 Step Sales Framing Process with Aaron Janx #131
- Win Sales with Mindset Sequence and Systems with Johnny Campbell #123
- How to Sell To Government with Kevin Jans
- Why You Need a Sales Process an Interview with Randy Meier
- How to Sell Coaching Services with Julie Foucht #98
- How To Pitch a Magazine with Cherlyn Chong #97
- 8 morning Rituals for Sales Success with Rayven Perkins #93
- Strategic Sales Skills from Sales Management Author Ken Thoreson #57