In this episode we meet Tracy Goodwin, owner of Captivate the Room. Tracy has coached hundreds of people around the globe how to improve their voice, sound more confident, and close sales. Starting her career in the theatre, Tracy coaches business professionals on what she calls the psychology of the voice. She gets to the core of how to sound better and improve your voice during sales presentations.
Voice is the Tool to Affect Emotions
The voice shares passion and feeling and it’s how people connect. Great sales is based on building relationships. People can hear doubt, desperation, and aspiration. Your ability to connect depends on words. Words are everything and nothing. It’s how you bring them to life that matters.
Mistakes people make:
- Rely solely on the words, not the voice
- They talk too fast, try to get all the words out
- They don’t connect with listeners because they don’t understand
What To Do To Improve Your Sales Voice
Tracy discussed at length on things sellers can do to improve their speaking and presenting. She also shared six ways to sound better and improve your voice during sales presentations. We dug deep into each element:
- Take a deep breath before you pickup a phone or stepping on a stage
- Find connector words – be a tour guide and go on a voice journey
- Tell stories and it will minimize getting louder and faster
- Pause (don’t fear the space)
- Be unpredictable
- Memorize the first line and the last line (like an actor). This way you know where to start and how to end. The middle will fill itself in.
Take Action Advice
Make bold choices and commit to them.
How To Find Tracy Goodwin
People all over the world seek out Tracy Goodwin for her expertise because she unravels the voice story. If you’re interested in ways to sound better and improve your voice during sales presentations, find Tracy at here Captivate the Room website: www.captivatetheroom.com
Free Voice Review Offer
Connect with Tracy and send her a recording of your speaking and she will give you a free analysis and advice on how you can sound better and improve your voice during sales presentations.
Building Rapport in Sales
Look here for past episodes on how to build rapport in sales!
- Selling from the H.A.R.T. with Mega Cindy Vranken #143
- 4 Step Sales Framing Process with Aaron Janx #131
- When Buyers Say No with Tom Hopkins
- How to Assume Rapport when Prospecting with Ken Dunn #90
- Stop Selling Start Leading with Deb Calvert #84
- The Myth of Know Like Trust #74
- Conversations That Sell an Interview With Nancy Bleeke #68
- How To Sell a Fine Dining Experience with Tony DeSalvo #62
- SB030 – Karma Calling an Interview with Victoria Cook
- SB026- How Sellers Connect with Questions, an Interview with Deb Calvert