In this episode we meet Ray Wood, the founder of LockedOn a new tech startup that has created an app for real estate agents. Ray has expertly used marketing to drive sales by using what he calls a Give To Get Marketing process. Ray tells the story how he built his Tribe and shares with us his 6 step process for writing marketing copy that persuasively gets prospects to take action.
Why Build a Tribe
Build a tribe of people who you can serve and add value. These are your future clients. Ray started to use technology to keep prospects warm. In the world of real estate, many deals demand a long sales cycle. Growing know, like, trust is much easier by sending out periodic emails and warm calling every so often. He believes you should warm call with news, versus just checking in. This is a case of giving first, before asking, or give to get marketing.
Using Technology to Enhance Sales
Too often sales people are winging it with no more than a list of prospects in Outlook. When working a large number of deals, use technology to keep track of each opportunity. CRMs, especially those that are custom designed for your industry, are critical to keep on top of prospects and sales that have a long sales cycle. That’s why Ray started LockedOn.
Ray shared his 6 step handy dandy copywriting formula for the listeners.
- Interest grabbing headline (can be used as a subject line in an email or heading in a piece of copy).
- Stir up and aggravate statement – create an emotional experience around their pain or desires.
- Solve the problem statement- show how you can take away their pain or fulfill their desire.
- Prove it with a testimonial – reference happy customers with direct quotes. Use people prospects can identify themselves.
- Call to Action – ask the prospect to do something, call, email, click on a button to advance the sale.
- PS – Always have a final statement that repeats the call to action.
How to Find Ray Wood
You can find Ray Wood all over the internet:
This is the LockedOn App
Download Find The Itch Before You Pitch Study Guide
Stop wasting time talking to prospects that will never buy. Instead find the itch before you pitch with this study guide.
Sales and Marketing Alignment
You can listen to past episodes that talk about marketing and sales and how the two can work together.
- How to Use Lead Magnets To Generate More Sales with Yoon Cannon
- Authority Selling with Mike Saunders #133
- Looking for Leads with Social Media, an interview with Brian Basilico #34
- The Non-Sellers Blueprint, Email Marketing Tips with Neil Kristianson #11
- SB 009 | Creating a Powerful Brand, An Interview with Arfan Qureshi
- Image Message Story. An Interview with Heidi Thorne
- Sales Cycling and Startups with Jon Woodroof #145
- Selling with HART with Mega Cindy Vranken #143
- Lose Your Ego Gain The World with Todd Lemense #139
- Location Independent Business Essentials with Dan O’Donnell #138
- What Startups Need to Know about Business Development with Tim Allen #119
- 5 Habits of Successful Sales People with Kingsley Grant #117
- How to Deal With Racism in Sales with Duane Draughon #115
- All Entrepreneurs are in Sales with Derin Alemli #110
- How to Make a NO Feel as Good as a Yes with Michele Moreno