In this episode we meet Tom Reber a sales coach from the Contractor Sales Academy. Tom shares advice on the power of prequalifying prospects and optimizing your time with open ended but focused questions.
This is topic useful not only for contractors, but anyone who is prospecting. If you’re trying to discern if you can help a prospect and if they can afford you, this is the episode for you
Qualification Sales Questions
This is the first of a two part episode:
- Have your prospects answer this question: “When we’re packed up and gone how will you know you’ve hired the right contractor?” LISTEN!
- Contract around their pain, the things that are truly important to them.
- When prospects balk at your prices say “You say you can’t afford this price but you said hardwood floors were protected, is that no longer the case?” LISTEN!
- Bring it back to their pain
- Be up front with budget. ” I could give you $30K lake or $10K pond, which conversation makes the most sense?”
- Don’t go out to people’s home unless they can truly help.
- Create your on prequalifying script and be bold about implementing it.
Tom Reber on Social Media
The Contractor Pain and Pleasure Cheat Sheet
To get a copy of the prequalification questions in the Contractor Pain and Pleasure Cheat Sheet send and email to tom @ motorhard.com
Biography Tom Reber
Tom Reber is a contractor at heart. Having built a million dollar company in just
three years, completing more than 3000 projects and being awarded many industry
awards, he knows how to deliver an elite contracting experience. In 2011 he took
this skill and created MOTOR, a business coaching and personal development
company for the service industry.
MOTOR is his personal mantra and mindset he brings to all of his speaking and
coaching. It’s a mindset that keeps fighting and finds a way. It’s a willingness to
do the work others are unwilling to do and to always keep faith in your vision.
He currently works with contractors in several industries to help them create and
implement the systems needed to consistently deliver great experiences for their
clients, which lead to higher profits and more balance in life.
In 2015, he created Contractors Sales Academy. Their vision is to help contractors
begin to immediately get back their time and make more money by implementing
a few simple steps to take back control of their businesses.
Tom lives in Manitou Springs, CO with his wife and 3 adopted kids Dakota, Tiga
& Iris and can be reached by going to www.motorhard.com
Sales Training, Sales Coaching, Sales Consulting
Become confident in sales and grow your business. Check out the Selling With Confidence Sales System for both new and experienced sellers. This is an opportunity for you to
- Be Yourself
- Add Value
- Make Sales
Don’t be shy. You too can start Selling With Confidence today!