Our guest today is Yoon Cannon, a marketing and sales trainer who focuses on hiring, training and developing sales professionals and sales managers at Paramount Business Coach. Yoon explains how to build know like trust, long before you talk to a prospect. More and more of the sale is happening online. This is how to get quick engagement
Lead Magnets To Generate Interest
Sales has changed since the 90s. Let technology do the heavy lifting with online marketing resources. These resources can preframe and predisposition prospects before you convert them. 62% of the sale happens online before prospects talk to a sales rep. Help your prospects learn more about you.
Lead Generation Magnet
- Give the Download Instantly (automated) on request
- Make it a free irresistible offer
- Position yourself and your company as a “go to” expert
- Its not about what you (or your company) do , but how you can help the prospect
Position it this way: “I have this great resource for your clients and it’s absolutely free.”
It doesn’t need to be big. It should be easy to consume and solve a pressing problem. Here’s an example: 25 headline hacks. a plug and play template for you .
A landing page is a must for capturing leads. It is
- a webpage with no tabs or links to distract
- it has just enought copy on the page to motivate the user to subscribe for the download
- prospects enter their name and email address
- the page is connected to a email service
- works best for inbound marketing
CAN SPAM ACT
This is the CAN_SPAM Act of 2003 . In order to be CAN-SPAM compliant, it’s important your email messages follow these rules:
- Do include your valid physical postal address in every email you send out.
- Do provide a clear and obvious way to opt out of every email you send out, and honor the unsubscribe within 10 business days.
- Do use clear “From,” “To,” and “Reply to” language that accurately reflects who you are. This applies to the person or business sending the message, as well as the domain name and email address.
- Don’t sell or transfer any email addresses to another list.
- Don’t make it hard to unsubscribe from emails. You cannot 1) charge a fee 2) require a recipient to provide personally identifying information beyond an email address, or 3)make recipients take extensive steps other than simply replying to an email or visiting a single page on a website to unsubscribe themselves from your emails.
- Don’t use deceptive subject lines in your emails that misrepresent the contents of your message.
7 P’s To Evaluate Your Offer
Now that you have an offer, let’s assess if it has value:
People – Who’s your Ideal Client
Promise – What is the Result or Outcome they will experience
Product – What you provide
Positioning – What is your Unique Value Proposition (Differentiation)
Proof – Social proof that provide confidence others have found value
Pricing – How the value correlate with the price (ROI)
Prospect Conversion – How the prospect converts to a client
How To Find Yoon Cannon
You can find Yoon all over the internet. Here are her links:
To obtain the free resources she mentioned during the interview go to
Lead Generation Strategies
Here are other resources for generating and nurturing leads:
- Take Command of the New LinkedIn User Interface with Brynne Tillman #151
- Referrals – The Master Key To Winning Sales with John Spence #127
- Looking for Leads with Social Media, an interview with Brian Basilico #34
- SB029- How To Generate Leads on LinkedIn, an Interview with Patrick McFadden.
- Crossing the Chasm an Interview with author Geoffrey Moore
- SB020 – Down to Earth Sales, an interview with Diana Schneidman
- Pleasantly Persistent Sales With Thomas Ellis #15