How To Sell The World – Advice on Selling Asia #177
In this episode we meet Karl Weaver, an international sales professional who is a wealth of knowledge when it comes to how to sell the world. Selling Asia is different than the USA . Europe too. In both cases, sales only happen once trust is built. In this episode Karl shares 7 ways to sell in a protectionist environment by a process of creating trust.
Advice on Selling Asia
We walked through a series of steps that in many ways, mirror enterprise sales in the United States:
- Realize their goal is to compete with the West
- Protect all you laptops and stored information
- Learn the language or bring someone who can
- Give a gift and something local like Almond Roca
- Don’t expect an immediate sale
- Honor the exchange of business cards
- Use social media like LinkedIn and WeChat
Advice on Selling Europe
Like Asia, European companies do not make pop decisions. They are more formal when approaching business transactions. The gesture of exchanging business cards is a good example. Like Asia, it’s treated as an honor to both give and receive a business card.
Europe is interested in gaining trust before doing business. They want substance and don’t make quick decisions.
Take Action Advice
Even if you lose a deal, keep working on the next one. It takes time to break in. Be patient. Share on social media you’re value proposition. Over time relations will build for those who grind away.
Don’t expect the immediate sale. Be in it for the long run. Don’t close the door, keep going back and try again. Continue the good battle, sell, market and use social media why you’re products are great.
How to Find Karl Weaver
Karl Weaver 魏卡尔 is a globally trained, Mandarin-Chinese speaking, senior wireless market and Smart Phone/mobile device specialist, working for wireless technology companies on both sides of the Pacific Rim in a sales & business development capacity.
Building Rapport in Sales
Dig into our back catalog and learn more about the challenge and skills you need to build rapport with YOUR customers. Listen now!
- How to Sound Better and Improve your Voice during Sales Presentations with Tracy Goodwin #172
- Selling from the H.A.R.T. with Mega Cindy Vranken #143
- 4 Step Sales Framing Process with Aaron Janx #131
- When Buyers Say No with Tom Hopkins
- How to Assume Rapport when Prospecting with Ken Dunn #90
- Stop Selling Start Leading with Deb Calvert #84
- The Myth of Know Like Trust #74
- Conversations That Sell an Interview With Nancy Bleeke #68
- How To Sell a Fine Dining Experience with Tony DeSalvo #62
- SB030 – Karma Calling an Interview with Victoria Cook
Slidebean Examples Created for Sales Babble
As I mentioned here are couple slide decks that I created for two Sales Babble presentations. Enjoy!
Here are details in how why Slidebean sponsors Sales Babble!