Today we meet Mindi Knebel, CEO of Kaizen Health. Kaizen Health is a technology startup that merges the advances in ride-sharing (Lyft and Uber) with the challenges of getting patients to their medical appointments. Kaizen Health hosted a launch at 1871 in the Merchandise Mart in Chicago. Sales Babble attended the launch, with a microphone!
In this episode we meet the staff of Kaizen Health and hear the story of the birth of this technology startup.
Mindi’s company works out of Bunker Labs, an incubator focused on helping veterans launch new ventures. Mindi partners with her father who is a veteran. Last spring our host attended a pitch fest at Bunker Labs (see How To Pitch a Startup here) to witness the first time Mindi presenting Kaizen Health. She knocked it out of the park and won the Bunker competition in July 2016.
Pat recorded this live with the help of his wife (shout out to Denise!) at the Kaizen Health launch party.
- Mindi talks about Kaizen and how it got started
- We meet Jim Knebel of business development and former colleague
- Next we meet Rey Shallwani of Client Solutions who discussed the challenges of building a business
- Later we visit meet two representatives of Mount Sinai Hospital of the beta clients, Care Manager Nurse Lilian Davis and Care Manager Nurse Kim Rees-Parham.
- Jim talks about the complexities of automating a process with insurance companies
- Lastly we heard advice on startups (See below).
Sales Advice for Technology Startups
In the interview the staff recommended entrepreneurs to:
- Draw upon your network to learn the market
- Draw upon your network to find beta clients
- Listen to your beta customers and draw upon their experiences
- Be passionate about your mission, investors will follow
How to Find Kaizen Health
You can find Kaizen and staff at:
- Kaizen Health is a technology startup
- Bunker Labs Incubator
- Mindi Knebel is the CEO
- Jim Knebel is Business Development
- Rey Shallwani is Client Solutions
Listen to Other Startup Episodes
- Sales Cycling and Startups with Jon Woodroof #145
- Selling with HART with Mega Cindy Vranken #143
- Lose Your Ego Gain The World with Todd Lemense #139
- Location Independent Business Essentials with Dan O’Donnell #138
- What Startups Need to Know about Business Development with Tim Allen #119
- 5 Habits of Successful Sales People with Kingsley Grant #117
- How to Deal With Racism in Sales with Duane Draughon #115
- All Entrepreneurs are in Sales with Derin Alemli #110
- How to Make a NO Feel as Good as a Yes with Michele Moreno