Sales Wizard Hugh Liddle is a sales coach famous for his red cap In this episode we answer the eternal question all buyers ask, “What’s in it for me ?” The responsibility of a seller to help buyers help themselves. Sellers need to stop the conversation of “we we we, our our our…etc”. Today Hugh tells us how sales can help buyers with the two skill successful sellers must have. Plus he give practical examples on how to integrate these skills it into your selling.
Answer the Question “So What”
Before you start to share information with a prospect, ask the question “so what”? If the information doesn’t matter to them, it’s only bragging and blustering.
Skills of Successful Sellers
It’s not about you, it’s not about being fast talker. Two skill we sellers must develop:
- Ask good open ended questions to find out they they are thinking
- Ability to Listen
This is the path to learning how sales can help buyers, help themselves. If you qualify prospects by listening, you will be working with the kind of prospects who become buyers.
Example Development Questions
Hugh gave some examples of open ended questions:
- Where do you see your business in one year?
- What’s been going on with your business this year?
Focus on the EMOTION of the End Result
From the answer of the open ended questions, you will gather the emotion they are feeling. If you can create results that address this emotion, you will find success. This answer the question on how sales can help buyers. Focus on the end result the customer will experience.
How To Connect With Hugh Little
Reach out to Hugh and schedule a coaching call here
Hugh’s website is http://redcapsalescoaching.com
Sales Skill Training
Here are past episodes on that focus on growing your sales skills:
- 7 Healthy Phone Habits to Get First Meetings with Marylou Tyler #150
- Myths on Social Selling with Mark Hunter #142
- How to Power Prospect with LinkedIn Groups with Liam Austin #135
- How to Sell Big Clients and Win Tremendous Deals with Melinda Chen #114
- How To Be An Awesome Sales Professional with Thomas Ellis #102
- Sales For Start-ups with Mano Behera
- How to Assume Rapport when Prospecting with Ken Dunn #90
- How To Generate Sales Leads Using LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter
- Stop Selling Start Leading with Deb Calvert #84
- 7 Habits of Highly Successful LinkedIn Users with Dennis Brown